Nose Surgery in Seattle: Up-to-date Techniques and What you want to Experience
Rhinoplasty is cosmetic facial treatment that’s characteristically done to augment a person’s presence or to recover their nasal area for medical purposes. A rhinoplasty procedure involves customizing the cartilages and bones of the nasal area, or sometimes tissue is added in order to enhance the cosmetic appeal. The treatment is also commonly executed to repair nasal fractures as well. If rhinoplasty is performed to repair someone’s nasal fracture, the medical doctor tries to recondition the nose area to its pre-injury condition. A complementary surgery often known as septorhinoplasty is done on patients that furthermore have a nasal obstacle. Septorhinoplasty works to enhance the look of the nose, but also stabilizes the overall structure and reduces any internal obstructions that might be blocking the patient’s nasal breathing.
Just what exactly does a rhinoplasty treatment involve?
Any aesthetic worries and goals you have ought to be completely discussed before surgical treatment. The recommendations of your doctor along with any special limitations concerning the structure of your nose, skin, or face in general are very important to have thoroughly explained you. Make-up free photos are typically taken prior to operation to assist with both the preoperative and post surgery planning stage in order to document the results.
Make inquiries and express your concerns.
Finding a competent, specialized plastic surgeon to perform your rhinoplasty procedure should be your main priority when taking into consideration getting any type of cosmetic surgery. ASAPS ( American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ) suggests that each patient should ideally consider the following tips for best results:
- Consult at least 3 different surgeons before choosing one
- Be sure the cosmetic surgeon you choose is board certified
- Ask where your surgeon is privileged to legally practice to ensure his credibility
- Request to see before and after photos of previous patients
- Talk in-depth about the surgery as well as the results and recovery and any potential things that may possibly go wrong or happen unexpectedly
- Ask about the surgeon’s rhinoplasty experience. How many has he done?
- Does the surgeon have malpractice insurance? If not, get up and leave
- Ask about the follow-up procedures
- Request to contact former patients about their own experience
- How much does the procedure cost? What about insurance?
The results of rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty results could possibly be minor or major, based on the type of modification you want done, but they are however permanent. It’s very important that both you and your plastic surgeon are on the same page regarding the objectives of your treatment. If you have realistic expectations and your medical doctor, the outcome will likely be very positive overall.
Dr William Portuese
1101 Madison St #1280,
Seattle, WA 98104